![]() |
| {via} |
Have you ever been in a season where you had no idea how on earth things would go? This summer was a tumultuous season for us as we were thrown into house-hunting head first. We weren't necessarily ready to buy a house, and so it made us scared, fearful, but we knew the only thing we could do was pray.
My mom owns the quant condo we have lived in for the last four years. It's perfect for us. Two bedrooms, two baths...we've made it our own. When my mom decided that she wanted to sell this summer we knew it would be coming, but we just weren't quite ready. And let me tell you, houses in San Diego are ridiculous! In our price range, the houses were tiny, old, and desperately in need of lots of love-which we knew just wasn't what we were ready to do.
So we started looking in Temecula, a town about 45 minutes north of us. And we decided we were ready to take the plunge, move farther away, and trust that God would provide us jobs, friends, and community up there. The more we looked, the more we really thought we were going to buy a house. And then things started crumbling. Between houses being bought faster than you could blink, neighborhood disagreements, and the realization that our commute until we find jobs up there would be miserable. Plus, we are having a baby in just a few months and are blessed to live so close to family. Why would we move away from that?
God opened a door, and we decided to purchase our current condo from my mom! We wouldn't have to move. We would be able to establish ourselves here, in this house, and invest in it. We could build a community in our town, which we love with all of our heart. And as soon as the thought came to our minds, and we started discussing all of the positive points, it was as if the black glooomy clouds that had been following us all summer long had lifted.
What I struggled with was that we said we wanted to be open to where God wanted us, meaning God take us away, we're okay with that, and we will trust you in faith. And now that we don't have to move, I feared that we weren't trusting God, going out on a limb for Him, living boldly. And then I realized that sometimes God wants you right where you are. He has other plans for us, and has blessed us abundantly with our family close by. Plus, He also knows how much we can handle, and I'm pretty sure God saw me unraveling under the stress and anxiety of finding a house, moving right when work started back up, and be pregnant all the while.
And so with that we began the crazy amount of paperwork that is involved, we started planning out what we will do to our lovely abode to fix it up a bit and make it ours, and we started melting into one another as we realized we are buying or first house. It may not be a huge house, but I'm embracing living small and living simply. And this condo is perfect for us right now.
We are officially in escrow and would truly appreciate your prayers that everything continues to go smoothly!








That's awesome Jamie!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like God is continually blessing you and Daniel and the little guy. So happy for you friend :)
I know what you mean about not "fully trusting God." I probably would have felt the same way ( I am always too hard on myself ;) ) But The Bible is full of stories of people "coming back home" like the book of Ruth & Nehemiah.
ReplyDeleteSo...yay for old/new condos!
I had no idea you lived in San Diego! My family is from California (but since my last set of relatives have moved, there is no one in my family in CA since 1958 and I'm a little devastated)!!!
I have visited SD often and even student taught there on 2 separate occasions. So...I like you guys even more, now. :)
Congrats Jamie! I know the buying process isn't fun, but like you said, you have so many advantages like being close to your families. And you won't have to deal with moving and refurbishing and decorating all whle waiting for the baby! Seems like things worked out perfectly. :)
ReplyDelete