Sep 14, 2013

{virtual} coffee date

If we were having coffee this morning (and it would either be a tea latte or some pumpkin goodness) I would tell you that I am exhausted.  And I'm usually pretty good at pushing through this exhaustion, but lately I have felt my body screaming to me to slow down.  This has been hard for a girl-on-the-go, who thrives on a busy schedule.  And saying no to workouts has also been pretty tough on my soul as well.  I'm trying with all my might to not feel guilty and focus on this beautiful gift growing inside of me. 

If we were having coffee this morning I would share that now that we have the furniture in the nursery, I feel completely overwhelmed with decorating it.  I'm just so thankful that the painting is over and done with!  Now we just need new closet doors and for this lady to get some motivation to get started.  

If we were having coffee this morning I would share that my dear husband is having a pretty stressful time at work.  My heart breaks when I see the anxiety inhibit his sleep, and I have been reminded how important it is to pray for your husband.  I've been praying like crazy for this love of mine, and trying to serve him better in his love language.  And can I admit that it is harder than one might imagine, and it made me realize how much time I spend on myself, or my work, or cleaning and cooking, and less on his heart and goodness.  

If we were having coffee this morning I would share that the yoga studio by my house called me up and offered me 6 more free classes!  This made my week!  

If we were having coffee this morning I would share that my best friend, Andrea, moved up to the bay area a month ago and it finally sank in this week.  All I want is to go on a run with her, make a latte, and paint our nails.  And while my heart is breaking, I'm so happy for her and her husband and am dying to take a road trip to visit her!  

If we were having coffee this morning I would share that I am pretty excited that we have a very laid back weekend planned.  This means lots of cleaning to put me at ease, followed by down time and soaking in some relaxation!  




2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery! I'm so excited for you. The beginning of the year is so busy, and I can imagine that being pregnant would be even more exhausting. But remember that the baby is priority #1 and everything else can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Where did Andrea move? We might be neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...