Jul 18, 2012

disappointment


It seems that the word of this month has been "disappointment".  Let downs.  Could've beens.  And it seems to be a theme for not just the Mr. and I but also those close to us.  Family members losing their jobs, grieving over the loss of a loved one.

There are big disappointments in life and then there are small ones.

Like the cleaning lady canceling on me, the only cleaning lady I've ever hired in my life, and she bailed.  Like not receiving the scholarships I applied to last Fall.  Like an appointment you scheduled a while ago not being on the books.  Like the dishwasher not starting when you could've swore you pushed the start button.

At the beginning of the summer I was dealing with some heavy anxiety issues, and these disappointments only seemed to add to it.  It was like one little let-down would send me into a dizzy.  It seemed like the end of the world.  And although I feel crazy for actually saying it, I know that I'm not the only one.

Fortunately, God intervened in a might way with me.  I've been doing the SheReadsTruth devotionals and the Surrendered Life immediately spoke to me in a way I desperately needed to be spoke to.  On day two I read, "Disappointments should be a stepping stone on our path with Jesus-not the anchor that drowns us".  I also read that when rejection happens, it means it's not God best for you.

Wow.  These simple words mean so much to me.  Our attitude has so much to do with how we view our disappointments.  I can either begin crying and think it's the end of the world or recognize that God has a better path for me.  When these let downs happen I have to remind myself that God ALWAYS keeps his promises, I have to trust in His timing, His plans, and in Him.

The cleaning lady cancelled, so that just means I actually have to clean my house and God just saved us money.  My appointment wasn't on the books, that just means now I get an extra hour to myself to rest and find peace in my life.  It's easier to see God's better plans in these little situations.

Losing a job.  I thank God everyday that neither one of us has been in the this boat, but knowing that God has a better plan for you is something you have to believe with your whole heart to get you through.

God has something better for you!

P.S: No matter how many times I try to spell disappointment I always get it wrong!  Is it two S's or two P's?

3 comments:

  1. sorry for all the disappointments you have encountered friend. but you are exactly right God has something better and it is always better than something we could have ever imagined or put together ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been going through some tough things. But how awesome that you were encouraged through SheReadsTruth RIGHT when you needed it?? It's so awesome to see the ways that God speaks to someone.

    And like Meg said, He DOES have something SO MUCH better for you around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God never gives you more than you can handle, even if you disagree at the moment. Love that you are looking towards the positive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...