Happy July 5th!!! I hope you all had a spectacular 4th of July. I'm a sucker for our country's birthday and lately have been in a very nostalgic mood-thinking back on things I did with my family as a child and craving those. Well, I can't go back to performing in tight sequence unitards at our community park with way too much blush on my face. So we decided to change things up this year and brave the beach. My best friend and her husband joined us and we decided to make a day out of it, so we packed lots of yummy food, books, and towels, and headed off at 8am to get a spot!
It was pretty overcast when we got to the beach, but that is pretty typical weather for San Diego. To kick off our day I made breakfast burritos for everyone at home and packed them for us to enjoy at the beach. I tall ya, everything tastes better at the beach, including homemade breakfast burritos!
The beach was amazingly calm and enjoyable. I haven't really had a break since the school year ended so I was craving a day that I could just relax and basically do nothing. Thankfully the beach we were at wasn't crowded at all and we enjoyed an amazing game of frisbee.
The cold weather finally got to us, so Andrea and I headed out for some coffee-which tasted amazing because we were at the beach. We are a bad combo together when it comes to coffee.
Joey and Andrea made lunch for us, and man-do they know how to make a very fancy lunch at the beach. They barbecued chicken breasts, topped them with onion and cheese, grilled the bread, and we had ourselves some very civilized chicken sandwiches. No hotdogs or burgers for us my friends.
You'd think by 4pm the sun would've shown it's face but that was sadly not the case. We decided to pack up and head back to our place to relax a bit more and enjoy the fireworks. Our local high school was our camping ground for the fireworks, and it was a first for us. We had never watched them there before and definitely plan to go back again. There is just something magical about fireworks, isn't there? They make me feel like a kid all over again. I absolutely love them! Plus, add in some great company and beautiful patriotic music in the background, and my heart is a'swoonin!
To say we were tired at the end of the day would've been an understatement. All I remember is taking a shower and falling fast asleep once my pillow hit the bed. I hope that you all had an amazing 4th and that the next two days fly by so you can enjoy your weekend!!!








Looks like a wonderful day despite the gray skies! I agree that food always tastes better at the beach and you can never go wrong with Starbucks. :)
ReplyDeletelooks like you had a nice relaxing day!! you needed it girlfriend!
ReplyDeletei'm jealous of your cool day!! It has been SOO hot here and dry they had to cancel some of the fireworks! cute pictures!
ReplyDeletefirst of all breakfast burritos at the beach is a brilliant idea, second, i love your dress with the red bottom and the striped top and lastly, can't wait to see you again in a few short weeks
ReplyDelete