I'm pretty good at some things. Making the bed. Cooking scrumptious meals. Crying at the right moments in sappy movies.
And then there are things that I'm not so good at. One of these is organizing my home. For some reason I just don't have a knack for it, so one of my goals this summer was to better organize our house. We also have a large armor in our room that was left by our previous tenant that we finally decided we need to get rid of, but it houses all of our towels, linens, candles, and socks. (Random, I know!) Knowing that we hopefully will have it off our hands soon made me realize I need to figure out where to put all of those things!!!
I thought we could put them above our washer and dryer, but there just isn't enough room so I made a trip to the Container Store. (Side note: The Container Store and I are just now becoming friends. Whenever I would try to go I would just get so overwhelmed, then I'd buy something that I thought would be amazing and never knew where to put it.) Luckily, I found three large bins that were on sale! I went home and got busy.
I'm a terrible blogger and forgot to take a before picture. But through the process of cleaning our and organizing the armor and all of its items we filled three full bags of clothes and linens to take to Goodwill. All of our beach towels, candles, and linens are in those bad buys in the top of our closet. I put the sheets and pillow cases in clear plastic boxes that will keep them from getting dusty. It was the best purchase ever made! Our closet is still an area I'm trying to organize, but for now it does the job well.
One of my finds was a three-compartment organizer for my bathroom drawer. Again, there's no before picture, but I wish there was! I was just on a roll and it complete skipped my drain. This drawer of mine was out of control! I cleaned it out and organized all of my hair ties, headbands, and makeup that I use on a daily basis. All of my brushes are in a cup under the sink.
All of my make-up that I have but don't wear regularly is inside a bin under our sink. I've now fallen head over heels with the Container Store and feel much better about my organization skills.









Hooray for organization, and thank God for the Container Store! Looks like you're off to a great start! You're right: it's those little things that get scattered all about and make us feel like we're drowning in clutter isn't it? Good luck on your quest!
ReplyDelete