I am someone who loves structure, schedules, check-lists....
ahh, just the thought of taking my pen and checking off or crossing off something on my to-do list makes my heart swoon.
Some may think I'm crazy, but then I'm sure there are many of you that agree with me 110%.
That's why when summer hits I feel like a fish out of water. No specific time to wake up for work?!? No set place to be at 8am everyday?!? No class to rush off to after work?!? It teaches me to become more flexible and relax, which I still get antsy over. Relaxing is something that doesn't come natural to me. Meal planning is something I really love to do, but not having a set schedule or plans throughout the week can really put a kink in that.
This past Saturday Kylee and Steven were out visiting friends, the Mr. was at work, and then there was me. Just little old me. And I though to myself, "what are you going to do with three hours all to yourself?". Myself answered: "You're going to cook!". And that I did. 
I started with a basic pasta recipe from the one and only Giada De Laurentiis and then went grocery shopping in my produce bin in the fridge. I basically pulled out a ton of veggies and decided they would all work together in unison. Sadly, I didn't take many pictures in the prepping area because all my mind could think about was cooking just to cook, to relax, to free my mind, to find enjoyment, and to love my "me" time.
Summer Pasta Primavera
Ingredients:
3 carrots, peeled
2 medium zucchini
1 red bellow pepper
6 asparagus speers
1 ear of corn
1/4 c. olive oil
1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasoning
2 tsps. salt
2 tsps. ground black pepper
1 lb. brown rice farfalle pasta
15 cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, and asparagus into thin 2-inch long strips. On a large heavy baking sheet, toss the vegetable strips, oil, dried herbs, and salt and pepper to coat. Arrange the vegetables evenly over the baking sheet (you can use two baking sheets if you need to).
2. Bake the vegetables, stirring after the first 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender and the other veggies begin to brown, about 20 minutes total.
3. Meanwhile, bring two large pots of water to boil.
4. Once one pot of water has come to a boil, place the corn inside, cover the pot and took off of the heat. Leave the corn in the water for 7 minutes. Cool and cut off of the cob.
5. Add the farfalle pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes.
6. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
7. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the cooked veggies to combine. Add the cherry tomatoes and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste.
8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
I grabbed a fork, sat on the back porch, and enjoyed a nice little dinner all to myself.
Bon apetit!








these look delicious!! new follower here :) please come check out my blog some time!!
ReplyDeleteHi Kasey! I'm SO thrilled you are my newest follower. Your blog is so adorable. Thank you so much for reading, it truly makes my day :)
Deletethis pasta dish looks absolutely great!! roasted veggies are a great way to bring out the summer veggies
ReplyDeleteThis looks DELICIOUS!! I can always count on you for some good recipes :)
ReplyDelete