Jul 10, 2012

summer bucket list revisited

The bucket list.
I thought I was doing pretty well, and then all of a sudden I went to revisit my summer bucket list and realized that I have some catching up to do!  I should cut myself some slack because I have accomplished some items on my list.  

One of the most important ones was doing quiet time daily.  When we were housesitting it was so nice to sit on the back porch and read in their beautiful backyard. Unfortunately our back porch is minuscule and not very private from the other tenants in our condo complex.  I have been reading everyday and am so thankful for She Reads Truth, I'm currently going through "Living the Surrendered Life" and have been thoroughly touched and amazed.  

Another big project for me was to get more organized.  That has slowly, but surely, been happening and I'm saving up for an upcoming blog post.  I wanted to share with you today two projects that have finally been completed that I am fanatically in love with.  

The first one wasn't on my summer bucket list because I started it two months ago.  Yep, you read that right!  The Mr. and I saw some chevron canvases in our friend's home and he thought I could make them for our house, and our guest bathroom was the perfect spot for them.  They were pretty easy once I got all of the taping down, but it took the Mr. almost a month to finally hang them.  They're now proudly adorning the walls in our bathroom and I love them dearly.  





Funny story: We couldn't decide on what saying we should paint.  I also was making the stencils using my Cricket machine.  The first saying just looked awkward, and I kept going back to the verses of one of my favorite songs.  So I repainted, made new stencils and got to work.  Well, the stencils sat for too long and then paper stuck to my canvases!  I grabbed a q-tip and a small paint brush and got to work to clean up the lines and from far away you can't even tell!  I love all of the little imperfections though, they fit nicely into how much God does really love us.  

Speaking of organization and bathrooms I wanted to show you guys one of my favorites.  I picked these up from Ikea and headbands fit perfectly in them!  I like having my headbands out so I don't forget about them.  My blow dryer also fits perfectly and is easily accessible. 

I can finally cross off making my first maxi skirt!  Being me, it didn't go as planned.  After I got busy making cute baby shower gifts for Heather I decided to be ambitious, wake up one morning and make a maxi.  Well, I used this tutorial and I didn't have enough fabric, I didn't have a surger, I am still a fairly new sewer, and the thing wouldn't go past my lovely lady hips.  So, I called my sister in law and had her try it on, hemmed it to fit her, and now we have matching skirts!  To make my maki skirt I used this tutorial.  It's still a bit too big because I made sure I had plenty of fabric but I've worn it countless times now and am in love.  Now I've been on the hunt for lighter weight jersey knit fabric that has a cute pattern so I can make another one!


6 comments:

  1. Love the wall art you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your maxi skirt! They're so comfy yet stylish...can't beat that. :)Also, your wall art turned out wonderful. It's great to have that reminder there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cute!! i love the chevron art and that maxi skirt is so cute on you. i need to look into that book she reads truth, let me know what you think so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job on all your DIY projects. I'm the same way about my projects I'm really into details while everyone raves about it. What a great reminder in your bathroom "How He Loves Us So". xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl..you made your own MAXI SKIRT! That deserves a round of applause on its own!!

    And what's this She Reads Truth?? I've heard a few things about it, but I definitely want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. those chevron paintings are SO cute! And the "how he loves us so" one is probably my favorite. I love that song.

      Delete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...