Nov 17, 2011

the amazing eggwich

Ladies and Gents, hold onto your hats because I'm about to share my ultimate favorite breakfast recipe that will blow your socks off.  Okay, so it's nothing too amazing except that it tastes AMAZING, is super quick and easy, and FILLS you up for the entire morning! 

Our star players are:
2 eggs
2 cups spinach
1/2 c. sliced mushrooms
1 slice gluten free bread or any bread of your choice
salt and pepper to taste

Step 1: Heat olive oil over medium heat, add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes or until tender.  Then, add in two big handfuls of spinach.  Sprinkle salt and pepper as they cook.  
Do not be afraid of how much spinach you put in the pan, it cooks down a lot.
Place your piece of bread in the toaster.

Step 2: Remove your mushrooms and spinach.  Cook 2 eggs over easy in your pan.  Each time I make my eggs they always turn out a little bit different, I'm still trying to get them just right.  

Step 3: By now your toast should have signaled that it is done.  Top your toast with the mushrooms and spinach, then add your two cooked eggs, grab a fork and a knife and dig in!

This is delish!!! I love making it before going to work because it keeps me full for a good 3-4 hours until it is snack time or I push it through lunch.  

OH! I forgot to tell you my new love obsession.  Trader Joe's just came out with their own gluten free bread!  I haven't been eating 100% gluten free lately and have been definitely feeling it.  I decided to give it a shot.  Gluten free bread can be very deceiving.  You bite in thinking it will be just like regular toast and it meets you with dismay as you realize it is most definitely gluten free.  Trader Joe's will not disappoint, it will in fact deceive you and make you believe you're eating regular bread!  I LOVE it!  

1 comment:

  1. oh this egg recipe looks so good! and healthy with the spinach, yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...