This year for our anniversary we wanted to keep it low-key and just cherish a fun evening out since we don't get to do that often anymore. Plus, we are planning some trips next month and are busy trying to save for those :)
Last Saturday night we had a plan: dinner at a beautiful restaurant on the beach, cupcakes, then a comedy show. We got all gussied up....heading out to dinner...and then a change of events happened.
After dinner we both started feeling awful, so as we drove to our next destination we decided to end the night early. I was feeling super nauseous, Daniel wasn't feeling that great either, and we knew we wouldn't enjoy the festivities planned. We deemed that the following weekend would be an anniversary "re-do".
So to make the day special I started with baking the husband's favorite cookies.
And then I made a "manly" dinner. This means steak with caramelized onions, green beans, and twice baked potatoes.
The husband was completely surprised with dinner since I hardly ever make red meat. I have to admit that I was pretty proud of myself for making the steak and it tasting mighty delicious. The only epic failure of the night was the potatoes, which just wouldn't cook, but we were entirely too full to enjoy them so it wasn't that bad after all.
After our romantic dinner at home we headed to The Comedy Store in La Jolla. We had never been and were super excited to try something new.
Oh. My. Goodness. This will definitely be another date night activity! We were laughing so hard that our cheeks hurt.
See: still so happy after!
Then we strolled down the pathways of beautiful downtown La Jolla. I was in LOVE with the lights that were already up!
And my new coat that was a killer deal!
Daniel couldn't resist stopping into a little cafe to snag a slice of his favorite: carrot cake.
It was the perfect evening to celebrate our beautiful marriage and three years of wedded bliss!













what girl youa re a socal girl as well?? ok blogger meet-up for sure then!! what a great anniversary re-do. seriously that steak looks amazing. and i love that white coat on you! congrats on 3 years of marriage, wishing you two many many more!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 3 years and what a great way to celebrate! I have always wanted to try a comedy club and girl, you can cook one mean steak!!
ReplyDelete