Nov 7, 2011

{thankful vol. 6} birthdays!

Today I am very thankful for birthdays!  Don't you just feel like a little kid again when it's your birthday?!? I went through a stage when I wasn't a fan that it was my birthday because it just didn't feel the same.  Then I realized that life changes like everything else, and the new joys in life are more meaningful than holding onto past expectations.  
This past weekend was packed with little celebrations, both for myself and others.  On friday night I came home to a beautiful bouquet of roses, wine, cheese, and dinner from my amazing husband.  It was exactly what I needed after a long day, and my lover-cheese and I-had been missing each other for quite some time.  

You know you're getting old, though, when you're on the couch snuggling by 8pm and asleep on each other by 8:30pm!  

On Saturday I helped co-host a bridal shower for my boss.  It was absolutely beautiful!  The little details and decorations made it so memorable.  Sadly, I can't take the credit for that.  We have a very talented teacher who is just amazing at decorating.  
 

The food spread was to die for (that I DID help with)!  

The best part was showering my boss with love and seeing how lucky I am to be so close with my fellow teachers.  We are the best bunch around!

    

After the shower I was able to celebrate with some close friends and a fun little wine bar and just have a blast.  There was no 8:30 bedtime, either!  I had to live up the extra hour of sleep!  Although, I'm pretty sure I was still asleep by 10:30!  


2 comments:

  1. oh ya h we have been there asleep on the couch at 8:30 on a friday night, embarrassing? yes but it means we put in a hard week of work so totally worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous weekend! Sometimes I like those 8:30 bedtimes, a sign that I too am getting old :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...