Nov 21, 2011

{thankful vol. 18} killer deals

There's one thing my mom taught me that I will be forever grateful for: how to bargain shop and appreciate a good deal.  

Saturday morning I had a coupon from Bath & Body Works and a great friend to accompany me who unlocked a whole new deal of the day.  We first powered through B&BW.  I have to admit that this is actually one of my least favorite stores because I just can't handle how many smells they have!  However, I desperately needed some new hand soap for our house along with some festive candles to make it feel "cheery and bright".  

I walked out with 2 new candles, 4 new soaps, 1 room spray, and 1 wallflower refill (not pictures because I am currently enjoying the beautiful aroma).  My grand total was $23!  I felt like I robbed the place given that the candles originally are $10 and soaps are $5.50.  Oh yes, I left with a huge smile on my face knowing momma would be proud! 

My sweet friend delivered better news when she told me that Old Nave was offering 75% off of their outerwear for five hours that day.  I went in to just browse and came out with a beautiful white coat for myself and an adorable little gift for my niece (not pictured since it's a Christmas present).  

Okay, so the coat was originally $90 and I bought it for....drumroll please.....$22.50!!!  I was so proud of myself that I had to call my mom after to get her stamp of approval.  She was definitely proud!  

I can barely stand paying full price for anything, especially when it comes to clothes, nowadays.  The feeling of success when you walk out with a killer deal is far greater than just loving what you bought.  And so today I am extremely thankful for my mom who taught me how to look for deals and appreciate them like crazy, the "wintery" smells flowing through our home, and the cute little coat that I proudly wore out on date night! 

1 comment:

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...