Dec 23, 2011

a chocolate fix

Christmas lights, The Christmas Story, and basketball, oh MY!  I'm soaking in as much relaxation time this week as well as making joyful memories.  I may have stayed in my PJ's Tuesday till 1pm, watched far too many episodes of Friday Night Lights than I can say without being embarrassed, but decided to make up my own magical chocolate recipe in the spirit of baking.  
Something magical happens when you take dark chocolate, pistachios, dried cranberries, and sea salt...

Melt the chocolate...

Line your pan...

Pour the rich, velvety dark goodness in...

Add in some nutritious pistachios...

Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt and dried cranberries....
and ENJOY!
I let it sit overnight and then broke it up into bark the next morning.  This stuff is SO good and I can't keep my hands off of it.  It's the perfect healthy fix during the baking season.  

This week we had to get in the Christmas cheer so we went out and looked at some lights, it's one of my favorite traditions.  

Our favorite house was themed after "A Christmas Story", too funny!

Another house had a great sign for you to Elf yourself!



Christmas time always means the return of Nathan (and drinking lots of espresso).  We also met up with his family and went to the SDSU basketball game.  




These boys are the sprinkle to my cupcake!  



2 comments:

  1. What a baker you are! That looks delicious! Glad you are having a wonderful time so far! Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that last line sprinkles to my cupcake, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...