There is nothing better than Christmas break. No work, no school, and lots and lots of family time. I know I'm on break when I live in PJ's and workout clothes. Even if I haven't worked out yet or don't plan to they are what I'm most comfortable in. The other day I was thinking about how I see life now compared to a couple of years ago. One thing I realized is that married life has made a huge impact on me for the better. There aer things I used to swear I would never do, like going out in public without makeup or in my work out clothes. Some people have the saying "You've let yourself go". I have not by any means let myself go, but I've learned to relax and not stress over these little things. Trust me, I still take care of my personal hygiene and make myself nice and presentable by the end of the day. I've learned that it's okay to not (seem to be) perfect all of the time.
Case in point: This morning we were out of coffee which a huge tragedy in our household. Things don't function properly without coffee. The husband had to be at work by 7:00am so this girl woke up early, grabbed my uggs and a sweatshirt, did not touch my hair or anything else and headed out the door. I'm pretty sure that the barista was just as horrified by my appearance as I was. My hair was wild a crazy and my face was painted from my makeup the night before (don't tell my mom!). I'm pretty sure my look screamed, "I definitely just rolled out of bed for a cup of coffee and you're lucky that I brushed my teeth".
Let's move on to the other joys of break:
Christmas break also means wearing red lips to go see The Nutcracker Ballet downtown with your mama.
Spending the morning with a beautiful friend while walking around the lake is one of my favorite things to do on break...
And gazing up the the beauty God has made.
Christmas break also means realizing how long your hair is getting and sending a picture to your hair dresser. It's almost at my "wedding hair" length, and yes we do refer to it as this.
I hope you're finding the little joys this week!







Ha ha I have had these moments in the morning too...but I am so horrified at how crazy I look...that I go drive thru! I went for a walk this morning with my mom and it was wonderful :)
ReplyDeletewow gorgeous hair jamie!! you look gorgeous! well you do already but that hair cut enhances your beauty! enjoy your much needed break!
ReplyDeleteNo shame!! Good job girl!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the red lipstick. I'm still trying to get the guts to wear that color out sometime.
And like Meg said, your hair is GORGEOUS!